Thursday, April 05, 2007

Happy 6th Birthday Boog!







Big girl's birthday was so fun! We had kids from her class and lots of cuteness running amok. You'll have to take my word for it because Ella swiped my camara. No telling when that might show up.

Abby at 6 is like a fun little ball of softness and energy. She is so very smart and articulate. In the past year I have been in awe at all the things she is learning and trying to do on her own. This can often be a struggle for us, because I simply can't let go and let my little baby do these things on her own. She usually has to put up a little bit of a fight to get me to realize she can do many, many things on her own. I have heard the words "I'm not a baby, Mom." many times. She is so right about that but how will I come to terms with that? Will I ever? I like to do things the hard way so probably not.

The way she makes me feel is incredible. Catching a glimpse of her standing in a window or bouncing a ball or drawing... makes my heart skip a beat. She is so delicate and sweet but so strong and independent. I feel like I never want to fail her in any way. I feel like I want to teach her all that the world has to offer is hers for the taking. I want her to leave a blazing path of life behind her wherever she goes! I want for her to not fear the unfamiliar, but embrace it.

I want for you whatever you want in life. I pray every night that God will hold you in the safety of his arms, to fill your life with blessings and strength. I love you, little girl.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What an incredible mother you are! Your beautiful children will grow to be awesome women because of you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday 6 year old!