Monday, November 13, 2006

A couple of works in progress.

I am working on a few things right now. One I am not going to post pictures of one because it's a gift for someone. The other is a purse The Girl asked me to make out of a Marilyn nightie top she found somewhere. I haven't gotten far but it's going to be cute. I convinced her to use red on the outside to make Marilyns' lips pop.


We did lots of Christmas shopping this Saturday. Rick wanted to beat the holiday rush so the majority of our shopping is done. All that is left is a few things that I am making for people, something I want to get for The Girl and gift cards. It feels good to have it done. We usually are scrambling the week before to get everything bought or made.

I have been having trouble managing my children lately. I get alot of back talk from both of them. They don't go to bed when we put them in bed. It takes threatening to take things away and just all kinds of arguing before they will just give up. It's harder on me than it is on them, they think it's funny, I wanna cry.

Potty-training sucks my big toe. As a matter-of-fact I just gave up on it. It is like torture for both of us. She doesn't even notice that I haven't been asking her to go to the potty or anything. She doesn't go on her own at all. It's like the past month of intense potty training didn't even happen. I'm exhausted and a little angry about the whole thing.
Yesterday was, hopefully, the last time we will rake the yard. The backyard really gets alot of leaves because we have three very large trees that cover the whole yard. ( I have been trying to convince Rick to cut at least one of those suckers down but he likes the shade the generate. I do not.

Anyhoo... I took the oppurotunity to take some pictures.

Pretty leaves


Abby being still

Ella can not sit still... well neither of them can.


The G-man
HA! I got her.
These might be blurry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea for a purse!
Your girls are beautiful!
Good luck with the potty training.
And, last but not least, I'm very impressed with your 'patches' on Boog's clothes - and she looks like she's pleased with them too:-)

(I miss you)
Debbie