Monday, November 06, 2006

What Being Frugal Can Do For Your Creativity.

Boog is not easy on clothes. She can not wear a pair of tights for more than an hour before they end up with a gigantic in them. Most of her shirts need to be bleached or stain treated as soon as they come of her back. As a matter of fact Bell doesn't get many hand-me-downs because her sister can really tear up some clothes.


I have been thinking about what I can do to extend the life of her clothes without making them look like they have been doctored up. Today I decided to try some stuff out.



I traced a cookie cutter onto a piece of cardboard (so I can keep it and do many more without using my cookie cutter everytime) and then used the that as a template and traced the shape onto some scrap fabric. Then I used some Heat-n-Bond to bond it to the shirt and pants. Last, I appliqued it with embroidery floss.




Drumroll Please.....






No comments: