Wednesday, May 24, 2006

What is IT about self portraits?


Really its my second entry but I think its week three for intros (could be week 4) so i'll just go with that.

Not so long ago I was the girl with the great smile. My best friends boyfriend, at the time, said I had a smile so big that you could see me coming a mile away. I don't feel like that girl anymore, but I do think she's still here somewhere. How do you find yourself in the chaos of life? Where am I? I know I am somewhere inbetween the loads of laundry and the vacuuming the floor. I try to find myself in that small space of time just before filling a cup just before they wake up from a nap. Sometimes I can see a reflection of me in a girl that walks home by herself everyday. All alone but she looks like she has a secret, quietly content. I want to have a secret again.

In reality I am just going through what every 26 year old goes through. I am at a place in my life where I have to figure out who I am. I mean I know who I am but I keep thinking I didn't let myself be who I am. I rushed into being MOM and WIFE. I never would have thought that being a young mother would be this hard on me. I am not an unhappy woman. I don't want to mislead you. There's just this one thing that is not fulfilled. It has nothing to do with my children or my husband. It's about me.What is IT ?

Self Portrait Challenge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but who can smile in the morning? i'm sure your great smile will reappear. so be sure to share it with us, when it does!