Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am Thankful for the Internet

I made a whole Thanksgiving meal today. I know what you're thinking, but I did not use one single box of anything. I made it all from scratch. Yeah. Me. The point is that without sites like the following, it wouldn't have been possible So yes, This Thanksgiving I am thankful for the internet.

Here are the recipes I used:

I used everything pretty much as it is in the recipes. I am not an idiot so I adapted some stuff to my liking. Like I used more Apple Butter and less pumpkin than that recipe called for and I didn't use the Gruyer cheese (Surprisingly, they didn't have it at Walmart... No not surprising at all), I just used another kind of cheddar and some Manchego cheese I had. (DELICIOUS!) That was the biggest hit of the day, the kids went crazy for it, like literally, I had to subdue them after they took the first bite.

I have no idea who all these ladies are but I am thankful for them also.

OK but this is how I know I am... growing. I made it all and then some and I didn't mess up one single thing. Usually I end up apologizing for my lack of culinary skills at any family meal, holiday or not, but not this one. Not one single thing went wrong. Oh that's not true. I didn't make the yams at all and I forgot cranberry. But I digress, everything I MADE turned out beautifully and I couldn't be more proud of myself. That might sound a little arrogant, but anyone that knows me knows that I don't cook and when I do I mess something up so yes, I am proud of myself.

A few shots of the star of the day.




And Ali doing my dishes. I am thankful for Ali too.

No comments: