Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Tale of Two Perms

I was 8 years old in 1987. The year of the spiral perm is how I refer to it. That Summer my mom agreed to let me get a perm. I had to walk myself over to her hairdresser friends house and she would do it for me. As I remember it, it was  pretty hot Summer day but there was no way I was not making the trek to this woman's house for my perm. The burning and smelly chemicals didn't even phase me. When it was all done I skipped home, sweating my butt off.

So.

Today, I took my 9 year old in to Fantastic Sam's in the Chestnut Commons. ( Great group of girls that work there, you should check it out.) We had every intention of getting her a perm. We spent an hour before that Googling all different types of perms so we knew what we were doing. The young lady seemed reluctant to touch her baby fine hair. THe whole time she was doing it, she had this look of terror on her face. I really don't think all that was necesary, I wasn't nervous, I mean it wasn't life or death- it was hair! Anyhoo, Abby was great. She sat for the hour and half and drank her juice box and was cool as a kitten.

I am so happy to report:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that day like it was yesterday. You were SO proud! I see that same look in Abby's eyes. She reminds me of you.

Love It!

Mama

Anonymous said...

I love it! She is absolutely beautiful!!! Now post a picture of your lovely perm by hers! Love you!

Stacey